Works under the direction of store manager and assistant manager to perform cashiering, cleaning, stocking and inventory duties.
- Performs cashier duties; greets each customer upon entrance to store, plus sells each customer and provides superior customer service to every customer.
- Performs general cleaning of store, interior and exterior.
- Stocks shelves and cooler.
- Completes necessary paperwork.
- Prepares items for deli as necessary
- Stands and walks 8-10 hours a day on a tile or concrete surface while completing job duties.
- Lifts and carries stock weighing up to fifty (50) pounds while stocking shelves and cooler.
- Pulls and pushes up to fifty (50) pounds pounds to move stock.
- Bends and stoops to stock low shelves in store, cooler and to clean.
- Performs twisting/rotating motions using head/neck, waist, knees, arms.
- Handles case goods, cooler merchandise, cleaning material, equipment and money.
- Maintains control of cash, must balance register within $1 each shift.
- Controls lottery ticket inventory, insuring that customers are charged for each lottery ticket they are given.
- Maintains control of store retail inventory by insuring that customers pay for all merchandise. Although retail experience is not required, honesty and dependability are important characteristics of successful applicants.
Applicants should be clean, well groomed, and exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor.
Computer skills and mathematical ability are key skills.
The availability to work any hours, any day of the week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
Bi-lingual applicants encouraged to apply!