Rise Modular is a full volumetric modular technology company serving the multi-family apartment and hospitality development sectors in the Midwest. Its headquarters and this position are based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with its first manufacturing facility in Owatonna, Minnesota. The company expects to grow to multiple manufacturing plants over the next 3 to 5 years. The company is financially supported by a strong family office and is not dependent on venture or private equity capital. The company is also unique in its ability to self-develop through an affiliated development team.
The company designs, engineers and manufactures industry-leading full volumetric modular units for the multi-family apartment and hospitality industries in the Upper Midwest. In addition, the company's affiliated development arm executes select multi-family development projects and partners with other developers to bring key know-how of modular technologies and to share execution risk.
Provide Project Support to Preconstruction, Business Development, Construction, and other personnel for the purpose of preparing project scopes, specifications, contract documents, costing, and pricing as required.
- Responsible for reviewing RFP's, RFQ's and other bid requests.
- Review and Maintain Specifications, Scope of Work, and Costs for all proposals.
- Liaison with Customer, Business Developers, Engineering, Purchasing, Estimating, and Production personnel in order to properly organize all project documents.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date Scope of Work and Specification templates.
- Update and document budgets, pricing, and contract documents based on changes and modifications.
- Prepare and maintain accurate product submittals and log for all projects.
- Assist in the preparation of Preliminary Production orders.
- Review sales and customer-provided information as needed to understand requests.
- Work with Business Developers, Architects, General Contractors, and Rise Modular Groups to establish the best method for achieving customer's requests.
- Develop specifications and Project Scope of Work / Delineation of Responsibility.
- Identify and advise Management of potential problems with the project.
- Assist estimating and engineering with the development of project costing and plan development.
- Liaison with customers in order to efficiently negotiate key steps towards successful proposal generation.
- Assist in the preparation of Schedules and Timelines for projects.
- Accurately maintain project documentation in order to clearly define spec, scope, and price for internal and external groups.
- Work with Management and all departments in the refinement of Specifications, Scope of Work, and Pricing documents.
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Attend Project meetings to assist others in understanding objectives.
- Create reports as needed to document project and department objectives.
- Assist estimating in the development of project costing.
- Provide assistance to other departments as required to clarify spec, scope and timelines
- Keep Preconstruction Manager informed of budget misses/exposures.
- Perform other duties as requested or as appropriate.
- Five (5) years experience in direct roles for position and/or ten (10) years construction industry involvement with manufacturing or on-site contracting experience. Strong construction knowledge and contracting experience.
- Ability to read, interpret and utilize construction and other technical documents. Ability to work under pressure and identify and understand the construction details. Experienced in the development and organization of project submittals and plan review.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities; persuasive, tactful, mature, flexible. Ability to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Strong management, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Resourceful and well organized. Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Ability to work with fast-paced schedules and limited detailed information. Strong initiative and ability to work independently. Ability to maintain a professional image.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Outlook.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Some college-level coursework.
- Certifications / Accreditations in industry groups and/or associations.
Above all else, our team members should have a positive attitude and be flexible as to job responsibilities. We have a collaborative, team focused, and fast-paced environment and welcome team members who are interested in working for a progressive and innovative organization.
For additional information about Rise Modular, please visit our website at www.risemodular.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rise Modular is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.