Rise Modular designs, engineers and manufactures industry leading full volumetric modular units for the multi-family apartment and hospitality industries in the Upper Midwest. In addition, the company's affiliated development arm executes select multi-family development projects and partners with other developers to bring key know-how of modular technologies and to share execution risk.
The primary role is to inspect all materials used in construction and observe the actual manufacture or assembly of products for conformance to company quality standards, specifications, and applicable building codes.
- Reads blueprints or work orders to learn about products.
- Checks all materials used in construction for conformity with specified grades or specifications and assures that all materials are used or installed in the proper manner.
- Checks rough opening measurements and floor plan layouts to assure conformity with plans and specifications.
- Assures that electrical wiring, HVAC and plumbing systems, and construction methods used conform with the construction prints applicable building codes.
- Documents and maintains all required records concerning inspection work activities and submits to appropriate individuals.
- Determines shipped loose items and transfers items to shipping lists and makes sure the items are of acceptable quality and included for transport.
- Makes final inspection of completed modules noting items missing, shortages or deficiencies and alerts appropriate personnel.
- Affixes appropriate state, or other required labels or seals, to completed modules verifying that product meets or exceeds all applicable building code requirements.
- Uses discretion and good judgement in red-tagging product or any components to preclude costly shipping or production-line delays.
- Acquires and maintains a good working knowledge of all applicable building codes to facilitate the timely and efficient performance of inspection work activities.
- Performs production duties on incomplete projects during shutdown periods.
- Performs all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or tech school; or 1 year plus hands on construction experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-year Previous construction experience is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules procedure manuals and operating / maintenance instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read a measuring tape.
- Good Reasoning skills and ability to solve practical problems.
- Microsoft Suite Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint