The Assistant Project Manager will bid projects through the award stage, pre-construction, project construction, administrative duties, site visits, and project completion and close out process.
- Assists with managing project through bid, award, construction, and completion
- Communicates daily with owner, construction Superintendents, and internal divisions
- Manages RFIs, submittals and change orders
- Attends regular site visits as required by the project
- Assists Design Manager with production and quality control of project scoping documents
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Ground up experience in banking, automotive, medical, self-storage and/or the restaurant industry is preferred.
- Project management experience, including all elements of scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, resources and communications
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project
- Basic commercial construction process and procedure fundamentals
- Some travel required
Education and Experience:
- Construction Science Degree or related equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in commercial construction
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.