The Project Manager will Bid the projects through the award stage, pre-construction, project construction, administrative duties, site visits, and project completion and close out processes.
- Obtaining necessary bid documents, creating plan matrix, contacting subcontractors, and bid project
- Determine schedule, obtain permits, licenses, etc.
- Create budgets
- Discuss safety, job specifics, lead time on materials, etc.
- Communicate with owner and superintendent daily regarding schedule, changes, options, potential problems/solutions
- Adjust budgets, approve bills, ensure subcontractor payments are made, conduct site visits
- Resolve punch lists, pay final subcontractors, collect lien waivers, and provide required document for project close-out
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships and communications with clients
- Must be willing to travel
- Candidate must live in the local area or be willing to relocate
Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial construction
- Construction Science degree or related equivalent degree
- LEED Certification and PMP certification preferred
- Five years of project management, including all elements of scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, resources and communications
- Ground up experience in banking, automotive, medical, self-storage and/or the restaurant industry is preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.