We are looking for an Ocean Import Operation to undertake a variety of freight forwarding duties. An important part of your role will be to create shipping documents, coordinate, monitor, track, and trace the shipment throughout the life of shipments ensuring smooth communication with the customers, carriers, and service providers. Prompt resolution of any issues or questions that may arise and ensure that all company, transport, and customs regulations are followed.
- Monitor proper file handling in order to increase file-level profitability
- Review shipment processing to optimize productivity
- Prepare quotations and assist with routing options
- Ensure smooth transition of customer ownership from sales to operations
- Create and monitor shipment documentation
- Monitor timely response to internal/external customers
- Comply with all transportation regulations
- Ensure all departmental manuals, tariffs, filings are up to date and complete
- Monitor all tracking/tracing update requirements
- Familiar with branch level accounting
- Two years or more experience in Import or Export Operations
- Excellent understanding of Import customs regulations and standards.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- EDD, FML, WC, STD
Horizon International Cargo Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristics protected by law.