Who We Are:
Do you want to work for a company named to the Best Places to Work in Rubber and Plastics? Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
Our team is outstanding at what they do, and we enjoy a great company culture and work environment! This combination truly makes us a best place to work!
Supervise shift production activities on a daily basis to ensure safe and efficient operations that will produce a quality product. Activities include scheduling of work, monitoring equipment, problem solving, and maintenance of a safe work environment. The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor is responsible for coordination of emergency response activities in the plant, including close coordination with and assistance of outside emergency response agencies.
The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor is also responsible for off-shift maintenance work and outside contractors working in the area.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR TYPICAL ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Monitor adherence to plant safety procedures and work with employees at all levels to improve plant safety and 5S
- Schedule and monitor daily production
- Effectively communicate daily production schedule to all operators in polymerization
- Provide direct supervision to unionized team members
- Properly provide guidance to operators for equipment setup
- Troubleshoot acute maintenance problems and implement innovative solutions to improve plant productivity and quality
- Certify and re-certify operators in their roles
- Partner with Foreman in other departments
- Enter payroll information into ADP system
Excellent communication skills are required due to the interface with all levels of the organization which requires detailed communication of a large volume of information. Due to the responsibilities for directing emergency response, the Manufacturing Shift Supervisor will be trained and qualified in hazardous material response at the technician level (40-hour Hazmat class).
- General knowledge of polymerization and the overall manufacturing process is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Manufacturing Shift Supervisor or Foreman in a chemical manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work as a team in a union environment and effectively lead workers in accomplishing department goals.
- Basic math and chemical knowledge are required.
Extensive time will be spent in the plant environment. Plant environment is a multi-acre site that includes high noise levels, some exposure to fumes and dust, and at times working with hazardous materials. The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor is expected to spend a significant portion of each shift walking through the plant, up and down stairs, and ladders, as required to adequately direct activities in a large multi-acre facility.
Zeon employees enjoy growth opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits program.
Zeon Chemicals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Rotating 12-hour shift schedule