Prescient's digital design-build system is an efficient, integrated, and transparent approach for developers, architects, and GCs who plan, design, and build multi-family housing and hospitality structures. Designed to revolutionize the building environment, Prescient leverages the power of technology to link standardized architectural design and products, automated structural engineering, precise manufacturing, and rapid on-site assembly. With this powerful digital thread, Prescient is increasing ROI across the entire development, construction, and operating value chain.
This role is responsible for structural engineering project management and success on multi-family and multi-use building constructions types. This position will also perform engineering-related duties involved with other Prescient business units, including pre-construction, procurement, manufacturing, construction, and finance. This position is in support of high-seismic pursuits in California and other regions of seismic importance.
- Perform engineering oversight in Responsible Charge, as defined by state regulations, on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Business development participation, as a technical lead, is required.
- Mentorship to subordinate engineers while being proactive in the company and department development is expected
- Implement working education and experienced-based knowledge of; structural steel, light-gauge steel, and concrete engineering to oversee and provide guidance for structural drawings and calculations for building construction of up to 17 stories in height. Building construction types will be a mixture of pre-fabricated components and potentially cast-in-place concrete.
- Monitor and control project; scope, budget, schedule, quality, resources, and stakeholder management.
- Provide guidance and review work of subordinate's engineering work.
- Implement original engineering knowledge to guide economical project solutions.
- Be proactive in suggesting and implementing operational changes, as seen appropriate, that would create economy in design time and material required.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering (ABET Accredited) with a structural emphasis
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (ABET Accredited) with structural depth
- Minimum 10 years of design experience
- Civil Professional Engineer registration (PE) by examination with structural depth
- Structural Engineer (SE) registration in any state
- California Professional Engineer (PE) registration is a plus
- Experience must be with building structural design. Material design experience must include structural steel, light-gauge steel, masonry, and cast-in-place concrete. Post-tensioned concrete design experience preferred. Experience successfully implementing the project management body of knowledge
- Working knowledge of current industry software including Revit, MS Office, RAM Concept, ETABS, ROBOT, LPILE, ENERCALC, SP Column, and RISA-3D is preferred
- Federal project experience is a plus, but not required
- High seismic design experience is required
- Business development experience is a plus, but not required
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.