The position is responsible for supporting global policy advocacy and coalition building by the American Chemistry Councils (ACC) Plastics Division to advance solutions to end plastic waste and enable the circular economy. The position will support ACCs engagement in the International Council of Chemical Associations, World Plastics Council, and Global Plastics Alliance to implement policies developed through a collaborative process. The position will also support ACCs participation in global multilateral forums. The position reports directly to the Senior Director, Global Plastics Policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports development of and delivers global plastics policy advocacy messaging in close coordination with ACC staff.
- Engages with the World Plastics Council, International Council of Chemical Associations, Global Plastics Alliance, and other industry coalitions to ensure global coordination of global plastics policy advocacy.
- Builds coalitions, partnerships and relationships with interested groups to eliminate plastic waste and accelerate the circular economy.
- Serves as spokesperson and industry representative to customer groups and other stakeholders on global plastics policy issues.
- Represents the Division in meetings on global plastics policy at the international, federal, state, and local governments as needed.
- Builds and sustains relationships with technical experts, third parties, and government officials, including UNEP, NOAA, EPA, key researchers, NGOs, and major brands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree.
- Three to five years of advocacy, education, or related experience.
- Demonstrated success addressing challenges using sound judgment and independent thinking to solve problems.
- The ability to engage in dialogue with business leaders, NGOs, and government officials.
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize projects, and effectively manage competing tasks/priorities.
- Ability to build consensus, work in a team environment and coordinate across groups within a large organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to represent member positions and policies to external audiences.
- Ability to travel including internationally to attend conferences and workshops.
- Experience developing partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve key objectives.
Strong writing skills or communications background