Polyshot Corporation founded in 1989 is a growing manufacture of Melt Delivery Systems in West Henrietta, New York. In 2019, Redbarn Pet Products, a manufacturer of healthy dog and cat food, treats, and chews, acquired the Polyshot Corporation to create a new line of injected molded treats.
Full Time 40 Hours/Week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates surface and cylindrical grinders, manual mills and lathes to machine parts and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Inspects work completed before issuing it to next dept.
- Manufactures customer components for Polyshot Hot Runner Systems.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- May program and operates EDM machines (electrical discharge machine).
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Heat treats tools or parts.
- Make fixtures for repeat operations to reduce machine time.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Performs secondary operations on components.
- Involved in operation of vacuum brazing of parts.
- Responsible for upkeep of machines.
- Overtime may be required, including weekends when necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years related experience. Successful completion of trade school and/or apprenticeship program.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software. Master Cam 2021 a plus but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Tool Making certificate, Trade School certificate
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company offers competitive wages and benefits including company matched 401(k), Medical Insurance, Vacation, Sick and Paid Holidays.
Polyshot Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.