Fantastic opportunity to become a full-time team member at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, a 489-room, full service hotel, managed by Pyramid Hotel Group. Pyramid is comprised of a team of outstanding leaders and associates who are passionate about the hotel business and work together to meet challenges boldly, thoughtfully, and creatively. Above all, we share a commitment to delighting our guests and creating value for our owners and clients.
As a Line Cook, your responsibilities will include:
- Checks with Executive Chef for the amount of prep, quality of product, and cleanliness of area.
- Stocks (both food products and equipment), cleans, sets, and prepares service area 1/2 hour prior to service to ensure that the station is totally equipped for service and to avoid leaving the station during peak periods.
- Takes breaks only at non-busy periods and in compliance with the Personnel Policy Manual.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of the product served as per spec sheets.
- Maintains good cleaning habits throughout the area of assignment, including tables, shelves, radar range, grills, and broiler.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings pertaining to his area, and comes up with sound suggestions for improvement.
- Maintains positive communication with fellow employees.
- Makes certain that all food products needed to assure a smooth service period are handy and well stocked on the line.
- Rotates fish and meat properly.
- Keeps a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in all hotel activities.
- Checks with supervisor regarding condition of station at the end of shift.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
A minimum of 2 years recent line experience required. Must be able to work a flexible am/pm schedule, including weekends & holidays.
Starting Salary: $15.00 per hour PLUS $400.00 SIGN ON BONUS: $100.00 (upon completion of 30 days), $100.00 (upon completion of 60 days) and $200.00 (upon completion of 90 days)