This position is primarily responsible for operating the Rewinder in a safe and efficient manner.
Effectively oversees the rewinding process in order to produce a quality product consistent with product specifications and workmanship standards. Ability to run, troubleshoot, grade change all integrated downstream equipment i.e. roll wrappers, case packers, bundlers, robot cell, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Demonstrate personal safety and help maintain a safe work environment for themselves and fellow members of the production team. Responsible for following all company safety rules and guidelines.
- Operate machine at designated maximum speeds in order to effectively and efficiently produce quality product that meets customer requirements in a safe manner.
- Ability to run automated high-speed equipment.
- Adjust controls to regulate tension of paper, synchronize speed of machine components, adjust winding parameters, and all down-stream equipment to meet the specifications of each product.
- Install machine change parts to meet new product specifications.
- Measure, space, and set perforation blades/anvils, emboss roll, and ply bonders according to product specifications.
- Maximize up time on assigned machine(s) to keep machines running while meeting safety, quality, efficiency, and waste metrics.
- Ensure quality standards and workmanship standards for Sellars products are met on a continuing basis.
- Demonstrate time management skills during downtime on machines by eliminating or relieving bottle necks, helping your teammates, and looking for ways to improve processes.
- Train, coach, facilitate and mentor new employees.
- Execute daily reports for the shift and effectively communicate downtime events, safety and personnel issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machine as stated by Sellars' Clean Manufacturing Standards.
- Effectively communicate with Converting Shift Managers, Maintenance, and all other personnel in a positive manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to problem solve (identify problem, define root cause, develop alternative solutions, and select and implement most effective solution) required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Prior experience working in the printing, paper production or converting industries preferred, but not required.
- Minimum two years machine operating experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Position requires constant walking or standing along with occasional bending and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift and carry of up to 50 pounds.
- Must have sufficient hand strength to carry-out job responsibilities.
How we take care of you!
We frequently seek avenues to enhance our total rewards package as we recognize that our associates are a significant asset to our success and the community! All benefits are available to you from day one!
Medical insurance Flex Spending Account Dental Vision Voluntary Supplemental insurance Employee Assistance Program Short-term Disability Long-term Disability 401K (100% company match on the first 4% & total company match of 5%) Employee Referral
For additional benefits information, please visit sellarsjobs.com