Ability to understand insurance billing for a variety of medical services.
Ability to analyze the many complex and confusing insurance situations that are presented to the Insurance Department. Verifying insurance benefits and eligibility
Ability to work independently and use sound judgment to solve problems. Knowledge of medical office procedures.
Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and tactfully with patients, staff, and medical providers.
Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated in a professional manner with excellent telephone demeanor.
Detail oriented with good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to work in a busy environment with multiple interruptions.
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Outstanding organization skills
- This position may require evenings
- Bi-lingual candidate preferred