See all jobs in Clinton OK
Job Location: Clinton, OK
Job Location:: Clinton, OK - Clinton, OK
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Plant Manager to join our exciting new pet food business at our Clinton, OK manufacturing plant. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.
Purpose of Role
The Plant Manager is the role model for the site, champions the company values by acting as an owner would by nurturing the Red Collar pet culture, the site associates, the brands and the assets. S/he orchestrates the site resources to manufacture quality products in safe and sanitary work conditions through highly engaged associates, within cost goals, and in su?cient quantities to meet our customer's demands. This includes maximizing the value from the existing assets and collaborating with the Corporate Leadership Team to prepare the site for the future by building new capabilities and delivering new product launches. Strong company leadership skills and high learning agility are required to focus on results, change, collaboration, problem solving, talent and engagement.
- Associate Safety & Asset Conservation: Provide leadership to ensure that the site has a world class safety culture and that all site associates are properly trained and engaged in safety.
- Quality & Food Safety: Be the champion of quality and food safety. Ensure that all Red Collar Pet Food, national, state and local environmental compliance requirements are met or exceeded.
- Customer Service: Creating a customer-focused mindset within the site.
- Cost Competitiveness: Develop and implement site-based strategies and initiatives which support business objectives and strategies including leading network optimization, asset optimization, plant sta?ng models and application of global best practices and standards. Deliver or exceed agreed business performance metrics in the areas of safety, quality, cost, customer service, inventory etc.
- Associate Engagement and Developing Talent: Develop a robust talent pipeline within the site and ensure associates understand how to develop their career within Red Collar Pet. Build a values and collaborative centric Red Collar Pet Food culture at the site via high levels of associate engagement, a passion for pets, and a superior experience for our customers. Inspire and engage direct reports to role model high performance team behaviors. Create a positive work environment in the face of change.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Practices Breakthrough Thinking, Navigates Complex Challenges, Engages Associates, Develops Talent, Delivers Consistent Results, Creates Collaborative Relationships, Drive for Results, Building effective teams, Dealing with Ambiguity, Business Acumen, Developing direct reports, Con?ict management and Listening.
- Provides safe products and safe workplace
- E?ciently convert raw materials in to ?nish goods
- Optimizes the supply chain
- Analyzes and improves performance
- Project Management
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights and or con?ned space
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform) Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals
- Knowledge of local, federal, and industry regulations with regards to: Food Safety (GMP, HACCP), Food Quality (Product and Process)
- Q&FS testing practices and procedures, QMP polices and SPC
- Minimum of 7-10 years of broad and varied supply experience including a demonstrated technical understanding of manufacturing
- Working knowledge of other departments (HR, Finance, Commercial, R&D, etc.) and their relationship to Manufacturing
- A thorough knowledge of good personnel practices and a proven track record in effective human relations Multi-plant, multi-unit and/or multi-discipline experience
- Knowledge of applicable governmental regulations
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree with a technical/operational focus or the equivalent in experience High level of analytical thinking and communication skills
- Ability to travel 25-30% domestically
- Recognition of different perspectives and ability to deal with all level of the organization
- Understanding of major functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with all levels and functions Successful completion of a drug and background screen
- Advanced Degree
- Demonstrated experience working in Quality
- Demonstrated experience working in Safety
- Thorough technical knowledge of process, equipment, controls and products