See all jobs in Carson CA
Job Location: Carson, CA
TITLE: Facility Manager
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Fontana, CA
Employment: Type Regular/Full-Time
Education Required: BS/BA preferred
Languages Required: English only
Experience Required: Minimum 5 Years of management experience in facility operations
General Job Objective
MHX is seeking a high energy, results driven individual for the position of Facility Manager at our rail-served, multi-commodity trans-load in Fontana, California specializing in steel coils, rebar and structural steel along with dry and liquid bulk commodities such as fly-ash, bio & renewable diesel. At this Flag Ship, 24/7, 800 plus railcar per month location, we are a turn- key provider of inventory management and last mile logistics via our owned company fleet, serving Southern California.
The Facility Manager position requires the candidate to possess a strong understanding of warehouse, yard and fleet management and would be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day activities, with a hands-on approach to leadership, team building and customer service. In addition, the candidate must have a working knowledge of DOT and OSHA compliance as well as experience with cost management and a proven track record of continuous improvement. MHX offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for the right individual.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for oversight and performance of all day to day operations including truck and rail unload/re-load, product storage, inventory management and outbound transportation resulting in on-time delivery to destination.
- Responsible for managing all operational costs against budget.
- Ensure culture embodies the MHX mission statement and values.
- Trains, develops and mentors team members.
- Facilitates a culture of continuous improvement
- Works with clients to ensure satisfaction including proactive problem resolution.
- Works with corporate Safety and Compliance to ensure adherence to DOT and OSHA regulations.
To offer the highest level of service to our customers by delivering SAFE, TIMELY and ACCURATE solutions within a complex supply chain.
- BS/BA preferred, with progressive career focus in facility/operations management.
- Proficient with MS Office/Office 365/Teams as well as WHMS and TMS
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.