Oblong is transforming the way people work, create, and collaborate. We have designed a groundbreaking collaborative conference room solution that is already changing the way groups of people meet and work. We are expanding that offering with a cloud-based multi-share solution that will enhance remote meetings for teams everywhere. We seek top-notch, lifelong learners who are excited to share ideas and solve challenging problems that will help shape the future of collaborative work.
The Sr. Software Engineer, Video, will be responsible for developing audio and video aspects of our platform, including media capture, transcoding, streaming, and rendering. Your role will include designing and implementing C++, cloud APIs, and frameworks for handling video data across distributed, multi-user systems.
- Implementing efficient mechanisms for streaming video and audio, including compression, bit-rate management, latency management, and other performance optimizations
- Implement encoding and decoding of multiple different protocols based on requirements, performance, hardware, and network conditions
- Integrating standards based protocols and 3rd party components
- Creating efficient video and graphics pipelines for parallel rendering across room-scale displays
- Substantial experience delivering production-quality code
- Proficiency in C and C++ in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of encoding standards, especially MPEG4 (H.264)
- Working knowledge of network protocols, architecture and analysis (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Experience with video streaming protocols (RTSP, RTP, SRTP) and techniques (dynamic bit-rate adjustment, encryption and forward error correction)
- Experience using the GStreamer framework
- Knowledge of test driven development and other test automation techniques
Nice to have:
- Experience with 4K video
- Experience with VP8/VP9/AV1
- Experience with encoding and decoding video in hardware
- Experience with native C++ WebRTC API and NAT traversal protocols (STUN, ICE...)
- Experience developing with the GStreamer framework, including creation of custom plugins/elements
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully funded medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited time off policy
- Flexible work schedule
- 401K plan with match
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, marital status, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.