5th Axis is the world leader in automated production, manufacturing, and machining. We are a turn-key solution provider with a focus on product development, milling, turning, assembly, plating, finishing and logistics. We are a leading innovator in technologically advanced CNC machining, delivering world class results. We pledge to continually improve our quality standards to maintain a position at the forefront in our field of expertise.
We are quickly growing and currently hiring for a full-time CNC Machinist/Operator that could take this position to the next level!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Setting up and/or running vertical milling machines and/or lathe machines
- In process inspection of parts with standard QC equipment (calipers, mics, height/pin gauges etc.)
- Diligent completion of travelers and logging in and out of jobs in MRP software
- Minor de-burr of parts with standard tools
- Adherence to safety precautions and conformation to all safety rules
Do You Have?
- Set Up - 5 years CNC mill and/or lathe experience preferred
- Operators - at least 1 year of CNC mill experience or education preferred, however we will train the right person
- Ability to read blueprints and understanding of dimensioning/tolerancing
- Reliability and ability to listen and follow instruction
- Team player and positive, cooperative attitude
- Solution oriented and ability to respectfully communicate with colleagues
- Running of manual CMM is a plus
- 5 Axis experience is a plus!
What We Offer:
- Training and room to grow
- We pay 100% of our employees' costs toward medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company sponsored life and disability Insurance
- 401K with up to 4% matching
- Paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual
- Pleasant non-corporate environment
- Monthly lunch*
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously stand and/or walk for extended periods of time on concrete surface.
- Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, crouch, reach and/or stoop throughout the shift as needed to successfully perform job duties.
Are You Ready To Join Us?
Hyper-growth means hyper opportunity for employees! While many companies hire managers externally, we pride ourselves on our cultural value to promote our top performers from within. Today over 90% of our managers are promoted from internal roles.
5th Axis believes that everyone can make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or the interview process, please contact
THIS EMAIL .