See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
US-UT-Salt Lake City
Req No. 2020-7020
We are seeking a talented Data Developer IV (Azure Data Factory) to serve as a technology data developer lead. The Data Developer IV works independently and plays the role of technical lead on key strategic projects as related to data infrastructure, reporting, data triage, master data management, and other related data initiatives. This role acts as a team lead by mentoring all other levels of data developers. The incumbent(s) serve as an advisor to data team management as well as business partners in matters of data, reporting and business intelligence. This position advises on technology industry standards, tools, and practices as well as design and implement best practices for data development. The Data Developer IV partners closely with ET&S (Enterprise Technology & Services), business and operation teams. This position also participates in determining strategic direction for data initiatives and best practices.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Serves as technical lead to strategic and enterprise level data driven projects, collaborates with other areas of ET&S as well as business units.
- Follows and advises on industry standards and advances on data driven technologies and tools.
- Designs, implements, and updates best practices for the data development team.
- Serves as technical lead and mentor to other less tenured data developers and analysts.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to architectural review board and technology review committee.
- Develops and reviews complex SQL, T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, SSIS workflows, Azure Data Factory pipelines for various reporting and data development projects.
- Creates and maintains documentation related to data development best practices, enterprise level data flow diagrams, and project code promotion.
- Provides recommendations to technology tools, products and services in order to help keep our environment on the cutting edge of technology.
- Serves as technical advisor to database administrators in areas of database optimization, indexing and data retention.
- Serves as lead data developer on key strategic projects.
- Develops and designs solutions with security as a critical design requirement for data, systems and applications.
- Adheres to development processes and standards including code management.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- College degree in CIS, Data Management, Data Analytics, or similar, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 10+ years' experience working in a data function or equivalent position where primary responsibility is working with data, database design and data development is the primary responsibility.
- Best practices for data development within a PCI environment.
- Ability to analyze enterprise level data sources and determine relationships between disparate sources.
- Determine methodologies for integration with 3rd party data sets.
- Expertise in data warehousing and data modeling methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Financial industry knowledge.
- Agile methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL stack and Azure Data Factory
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate complex concepts to simple and easier terms for business leaders and users of data.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office tools including MS Visio.
- Ability to review existing processes and identify logic problems to address.
- Ability to formulate a plan that aligns and supports to delivery timelines.
- Ability to lead large data driven enterprise projects.
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead others in the ET&S area.
- Ability to identify, recommend and set best practices for the data developer role.
- Must be detail focused.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Experience in adherence Change management practices
- Experience in CI/CD and unit testing preferred
- Master's degree in Data Management, CIS or similar preferred.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and operating systems architecture concepts and communications protocols preferred.
- 10+ years' experience as a data developer working with enterprise level data sets and primary responsibility is data development, and database design including integration of third-party data preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.