See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7375
We are seeking a talented Data Reporting Developer IV to work independently, provide guidance and training to other data reporting developers, as well assist and lead strategic projects as related to data reporting, data triage, master data management, and other related data initiatives. The incumbent may also lead medium to larger enterprise level data reporting projects, and provide recommendations on building enterprise and client solutions that drive value. The Data Reporting Developer IV closely partners with business, operational teams and clients to meet the needs for data and reporting in multiple platforms including recurring data extracts, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and Tableau data visualizations, as well lead the distribution strategy for data and report delivery. Individual will need to be detail focused and communicate well.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Collaborate with operations and business units to gain an understanding of data needs and further translate those needs to data and reporting requirements.
- Communicate to CO-OP senior level executives and clients CO-OPs reporting strategy, solutions and roadmap.
- Provide oversight and guidance when required for less senior data and report development staff members. Recommend training opportunities to further advance individuals and the CO-OP reporting platform.
- Follow industry standards and advances on data driven technologies and tools and further recommend those that will help further advance CO-OPs data and reporting roadmap.
- Transform business and client data requirements into meaningful data extracts, reports and data visualizations while meeting CO-OP marketing and client user experience standards. Identify gaps and recommend best practices where opportunities exists to streamline or enhance business and client data and reporting needs.
- Develop dashboards and operational reports using Tableau, Power BI and SSRS.
- Conduct reviews of peer data and reporting development to ensure solutions meet PCI and other regulation standards, are built for performance and meet development best practices.
- Develop enterprise and client level reporting solutions in SSRS, Tableau Desktop Pro and Tableau Server, serving the needs from operational to executive reporting.
- Design and create enterprise level report delivery solutions within SSRS Report Server and Tableau Server that support both CO-OPs internal needs as well as client needs.
- Document development efforts as required by CO-OP change management practices.
- Develop and design solutions with security as a critical design requirement for data, systems, and applications. Ensure all development work is reviewed by a senior peer.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in CIS, Data Management, Data Analytics, or similar, or equivalent job experience.
- 10+ years' experience where primary responsibility involves advanced enterprise and client facing report design and advanced development in SSRS and Tableau. In addition, will have experience leading medium size data driven or reporting projects and consulting on large projects.
- Data development within a PCI environment.
- Ability to analyze enterprise level data sources and determine relationships between those sources.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau dashboard development.
- Expert knowledge of SSRS , Power BI ,Tableau Desktop Pro (version 2018+).
- Expert Knowledge of SSRS Report Server platform (version 2016).
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and Jira.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to utilize ODBC connection tools within tools such as SSRS and Tableau to connect to a variety of data sources including SQL database tables, Excel files, Oracle, MS Access databases.
- Ability to connect and join different data sources for the purpose of creating impactful reporting in SSRS, Tableau and SQL data extracts.
- Expect skill level with Tableau Desktop Pro including ability to use calculations, parameters and table calculations in tandem. In addition, expert knowledge of clustering, distributions, forecasting, animation, sheet swapping, background images, actions and advanced mapping features.
- Ability within SSRS to build advanced reports utilizing a data set consisting of multiple data sources, data sets using joins, recursive queries, report matrices, advanced parameters, textual hierarchal reports and graphical and mapping reports.
- Ability to design reporting with performance at the forefront by recommending database indexing solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot more complex data integrity issues involving multiple data sources including 3rd party data, and further analyze data for validity and completeness then document findings with recommendations.
- Ability to configure report delivery solutions in both SSRS Report Server and Tableau Server, including user administration where platform is exposed externally to network.
- Ability to lead and consult others including both technical resources and business partners.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate the complex to simple and easier terms for business leaders and users of data.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.