See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7424
We are seeking a talented Application Developer IV to design, develop, test, maintain, and support complex applications that are secure, scalable, and robust. The Developer IV will lead and participate in the creation of enterprise solutions. This position is reserved for staff that has tenure and is a specialist/expert in their area. Takes a broad perspective to identify solutions and is able to work independently with little guidance.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this position is expected to work in our physical office location. As stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their commitment.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Develop and maintain new and existing technology systems.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other developers.
- Develop appropriate requirements, scope, and estimates.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Actively support the company's strategic future, culture and leadership practices.
- Proactively pursue development opportunities and shows expected progress on learning plan.
- Create and maintain complex applications for the benefit of internal and external customers.
- Provide oversight to project team members on development best practices. Assist with coding questions as needed.
- Lead the development of technical application design documents on complex projects.
- Provide unit testing of all coding changes with the goal of providing a stable production environment. Provide oversight and final testing of code from other project team members.
- Build and maintain applications in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements. Security is a critical design requirement and data, systems, and applications must be protected at all points of the development lifecycle.
- Analyzes business scenarios and identifies opportunities for technically innovative solutions and improvements.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree.
- Additional programming language skills are a plus.
- Experience with ReactJS or similar frameworks would be a plus.
- Understanding of the CI/CD pipelines and how to automate processes.
- Proven experience developing RESTful API's.
- Advanced database design and development.
- Advanced knowledge of Modern OS architecture concepts and communications protocols.
- Proficient in the Agile methodology (Scrum & Kanban preferred).
- Expert technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Good to excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Partner with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Technical Product Owners to define features.
- Advanced knowledge of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Advanced analytical, design and problem-solving skills at multi-product/multi-environment level to troubleshoot system defects and mitigate the issues they cause.
- Expert understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Expert research and analysis skills, and an understanding and awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express and document complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional project team.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.