Reports to: Fabrication Supervisor
Shift: 6:30am-5:15pm Monday-Thursday Salary: $20.00
Availability for overtime occasional Friday's
Specialist Premium: $2.00/hour once CAT welding certification
Sets up and operates metal fabricating machines such as power brake presses, manual brake presses, spot welding equipment and wire feed welding equipment as specified by engineering drawings and pre-fabricated templates.
1. Can read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings.
2. Accurately reads measuring tools including calipers, squares, and protractors.
3. Can properly operate a wire feed welder as required to obtain certification from a Red Dot approved vendor.
4. Maintains production logs and other records as requested.
5. Exercise care of tools, machines and dies through proper use and storage.
6. Maintains clean work area including daily sweeping of floors, racking of tools, die sets, guides and related equipment.
Performs additional related duties as assigned..Requirements:
1. Must be able to become CAT certified within 3 months
2. Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
3. Operator must be able to stand for at least ten hours per day.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds from the floor.
5. Must be mathematically capable to use fractions and decimals.
6. Ability to operate measuring instruments such as dial calipers and protractors.
7. Ability to read blueprints.
8. Ability to follow safety rules.
**Will be asked to take an onsite welding test in the interview process**