The Security Officer is responsible for effective and efficient operation and delivery of quality customer service throughout the hospital. Works with administrators, directors, managers, team leaders and team members to provide a safe and customer focused environment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
"*" Denotes the essential job functions according to ADA guidelines.
All duties are measured by supervisory observation, documentation and as report by others.
*1. Contributes to the goals and objectives of the department and communicates with other departments to ensure necessary services are provided within established time frames; budgetary, staffing, and regulatory guidelines; and with quality consistent with department standards and customer expectations.
2. Supports and is an active member of the Security Department, focusing on customer satisfaction, while responding to pressing needs.
*3. Actively supports and undertakes operation of proactive security, safety, life safety, and fire programs, to ensure appropriate delivery of security within budgetary, staffing, regulatory guidelines, quality, productivity and overall departmental standards and goals. Improves on and maintains accuracy of the security, safety and fire reporting system. Provides physical security service for assigned areas, gathers information and shares observations of quality with the department for corrective action.
4. Ensures timely completion of all security incident reports, completing 90% of all security incident reports by the end of a shift. Completes 98% of all security incident reports within one working day of the security incident. 100% of all security incident reports are completed within two working days of the security incident.
*5. Accurately documents activities during the tour of duty and legibly completes required reports of security incidents in a timely manner. Understands the required items in reports of who, what, when, where, how and why. Able to return/pick-up patient valuables within 15 minutes of notification, except in an emergency situation.
6. Exhibits a customer service is paramount relationship with all customers. Empowered to solve customer problems and/or concerns.
7. Actively seeks continuing education on security and regulatory agency standards. Understands and enjoys serving; demonstrates a willingness and ability to develop skills, while performing the job with a cheerful and cooperative attitude. Wears appropriate attire and is groomed in a clean and acceptable manner.
8. Greets all persons with a warm smile, while looking them in the eye. Answers all calls and requests with a professional and positive attitude.
*9. Safely and consistenly conducts foot and mobile patrols. Keeps accurate records on property lost and found.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
A) EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Training in related security, safety, and fire preferred.
Meets requirements and maintains all requirements for a security license by either St. Louis County and/or St. Louis City.
Meets and maintains all requirements for certification in use of expandable baton and pepper spray/mace.
Current Missouri Driver's License
Minimum of two years in a health care or related field security position preferred.
D) SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
CPR not required
Ability to be trained and to effectively use training in a team and customer focused environment.
Demonstrated ability in security, safety and fire operations and concepts.
Good working knowledge of proactive and reactive security, safety and fire programs.
Conceptual understanding of the Security department's functions.
Ability to execute verbal and written communications effectively.
Ability to work comfortably with department systems and programs.
Ability to work with and for people in a health care environment.
An individual without requisites stated above may present a written justification explaining the relevance of his/her background for a specific vacant position. Depending on organizational needs and availability of more qualified applicants, an applicant may have some or all requisites revised or waived at the hospital's discretion.