Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Spot Welder 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Beaver Dam)
Job ID: 2021-1922
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Metalcraft of Mayville Inc.
Reporting to the Welding Manager, the Spot Welder is primarily responsible for operating one or more spot or seam weld machines to fabricate or join metal parts following blueprint specifications and applying basic knowledge of spot welding fixtures and set up on parameters on a production basis.
- Operate spot or seam welder to join parts by a series of spot welds or continuous seam weld.
- Work is diversified involving a variety and number of parts where assemblies may be clamped or involve holding jigs to control dimensional requirements.
- Determine number of welding points and contact cycles.
- Regulate current and set automatic timing devices if used.
- Rig equipment for holding and positioning work.
- Change and dress electrodes.
- Work from drawings, specifications, samples and templates.
- Use rule, square and fixed gauges.
- Instructions given on procedures and work is subject to process and final inspection.
- Previous knowledge of fixtures and spot weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, welding symbols, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity