Qfix is an innovative medical device company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing technology-driven solutions for radiotherapy patient positioning. Our focus is to foster a deep engagement with medical professionals to design and innovate patient positioning solutions. We make it our business to listen closely to the needs of medical professionals and together we advance precise positioning solutions for cancer treatment. If you would like the opportunity to work for an innovative, technology-driven company with a passion for making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families, Qfix is the answer.
The Quality Control Inspector tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties. This position is responsible for inspecting, testing, and auditing of raw materials and finished product, as well as releasing finished product. Demonstration of commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. Attention to detail is an expectation. Inspect and release raw materials, components, sub-assemblies, and finished devices according to procedure. Generate non-conformances and escalate to the Material Review Board in a timely manner.
- Interpreting engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, sampling tables, or formulas and conferring with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selecting products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, mechanical, or chemical characteristics
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures using GMP documentation practices.
- Evaluating data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommending modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Setting up and performing destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Preparing graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Quarantining all incoming material until testing is accepted.
- Quarantining all non-conforming material during any step of the manufacturing process until the Material Review Board dispositions the material.
- Flexibility, teamwork, and cross-training within the role is expected.
- Escalating issues to management in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED
- Medical Device or Manufacturing Experience
- Precision Measuring Tools & Equipment
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) knowledge
- Coordinate Measure Machines (CMM) & Optical Comparator experience
- First Article Inspection