See all jobs in Charlottesville VA
Job Location: Charlottesville, VA
Are you a person dedicated to providing the finest quality service and value to your customers? If so, this is an opportunity you don't want to miss!! As a Pest Control Start Technician, you will have a designated territory where you will be responsible for providing the best service (inside/outside service) to your customer's most valuable investment, their homes. We take pride in our employees and servicing our customers. If you're committed to providing the highest level of customer service and are willing to learn, we have an ideal opportunity for you. This job will be for the months of March through August and starts with a two week paid training period after which you will be tested & certified. Hiring after the training period is contingent on passing the certification. During the month of August and upon satisfactory completion of the work you may be hired as a permanent technician.
- Be responsible for the day to day operation of a pest control route. Apply pesticides to structures according to schedule, safety procedures and label instructions.
- Follow a daily schedule, ensuring timely arrival at each of your customer's home. A company vehicle is provided.
- Discuss the scope of service with the customer.
- Assist in sales.
- Utilize in-house training provided to decide the most efficient pest solution for your customer's needs.
- Provide your customers with the best pest control and eradication services in the industry.
- Minimum 3,000 monthly;
- Health Benefits;
- Vacation and sick days;
- 401K with company match;
- No commuting cost - technicians are allowed to take the vehicle home;
- Employee benefits commence after an initial probationary period of 90 days.
- Experience in Pest Control preferred
- Must have a clean driving record
- Works well independently and with others
- High school diploma/GED
- Must pass a criminal background check and ongoing drug testing
- Must possess a great attitude and be dependable
- Consistent work history
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must be able to work long hours if needed and work some Saturdays every month
- No prior experience required as the company will provide the necessary training
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence and be able to use an iPad (provided by the company)
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients and other employees