We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello, the Greek word for future, was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello is just the beginning loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideasits a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot We are Americas Lender.
The senior architect will be a key role to take loanDepot data estate to the next generation. At loanDepot, we are leading the journey to a data driven organization. We are developing cloud based data platforms that enable fast decision making and analytical capabilities using AI / ML. Responsible for designing and executing data distribution frameworks, data streaming, vendor evaluation, cloud warehouse evaluation, and developing data and report catalog. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the companys policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Develop data roadmap and architecture.
- Develop data engineering framework with cloud native approach.
- Quickly understand the current landscape of data and provide recommendations on building the future data products.
- Provide architectural recommendations and tradeoffs and present that to senior leadership.
- Evaluate vendor technologies for data replication, data distribution, data streaming.
- Adhere to data protection requirements including data access, retention, residency and de-identification.
- Develop and maintain data flow and data sharing with internal and external systems.
- Create data validation checks and scripts to ensure high data quality and availability.
- Design and develop secure software in partnership with other engineering teams onshore and offshore.
- Keep a pulse on the industry, and research, evaluate and recommend new technologies, tools and frameworks for high volume data processing.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other team members
- Must have experience with development, configuration and deployment on Azure Cloud technologies.
- Experience deploying (DaaS) Data as a service.
- Experience with containerization like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, scripting.
- Hands on experience building data engineering solutions using Microsoft Azure stack, including Azure Synapse Analytics, ADLS, Azure Synapse Studio, Azure Data Factory, Azure Event Hub, Azure Databricks, and Power BI.
- Hands-on experience with event streaming with modern event streaming tooling like Kafka.
- 2-5 years of experience with any enterprise programming language (C#, C++, Scala, Python or Java).
- Experience with any of the reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, SSRS.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases.
- SQL Savvy - must have strong SQL experience.
- Minimum five (7) + plus years of relevant technology job experience.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Experience with AI/ML concepts, tools and frameworks preferred.
- S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or experience.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.