Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot We are Americas Lender.
Responsible for the development and oversight of the underwriters to ensure that they are trained in the proper application of established company lending guidelines as well as applicable agency and government requirements. This includes the oversight of individual underwriter quality and customer service standards.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to provide vision and inspiration to peers and others.
- A thorough knowledge of FHA or VA regulations and FNMA/FHLMC and investor underwriting guidelines.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Deep understanding of the sourcing, fulfillment and quality control activities necessary to produce high quality, salable, well-performing residential mortgage loans.
- Maintain working knowledge of all LDW programs to ensure loans conform with program requirements through the loan process and be able to answer questions as needed.
- Working knowledge of lending regulations.
- Natural collaborative approach to decision-making.
- Clear understanding of the implications of customer service.
- Effective decision-making, customer service, sales, customer support and problem solving skills.
- Effective pipeline management.
- Assist with internal file audits and/or other issues as required.
- Provide feedback to VP, Underwriting on new hire development.
- Responsible for hiring and maintaining training schedules.
- Review escalations and provide support to risk department.
- Monitor, address and resolve Pre-fund/Post Close QC audits, PETR letters and VA Deficiencies.
- Develop and assist in implementing underwriting guidelines.
- Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of all policy updates.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Ops and Sales leadership to ensure timely and effective resolutions to customer service issues.
- Ensure all team members are current on LDU training.
- Perform related duties as requested to include, report preparation, subject matter presentations and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of underwriting team.
- Mentor team members.
- Maintains a working knowledge of agency guidelines in addition to company products, systems, operational procedures and policies.
- Ensure the UW team follow company quality standards and customer service standards.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Expert level underwriting skills as it relates to title, income, credit reports and collateral.
- Minimum of 10 years residential mortgage underwriting experience with recent exposure in both government and agency originations
- Prior work experience must include FHA underwriting and broad product experience
- Previous experience Team Lead or Manager to Underwriters
- Operational knowledge of wholesale residential lending, including production and support functions
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient at running, reading and interpreting AUS results including DU/LP and TOTAL scorecard
- Knowledge of Mortgage LOS systems, multiple AUS applications, and underwriting software systems
- Bachelors degree or mortgage equivalent experience preferred
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.