See all jobs in Milwaukee WI
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Velociti, a global provider of Technology Deployment Services, is currently seeking a full-time Installation Technician for the Milwaukee, WI area. Interested candidates must possess the basic qualifications below to be considered for this position. Job Type:
- 5-7 days per week plus overtime and weekends as needed.
- Perform installation and repair services of various transportation technology products; which may include such things as, GPS Communication & Tracking Devices, On Board Computing, Tire Inflation Systems, Refrigeration Monitoring, or Auxiliary Power Units
- Record and communicate installation deliverables to Project Management and Call Center data collections center in a stated timely manner
- Meet planned installation quantities per day
- Adhere to company standards, policies, and procedures
- Comply with all safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping
- Properly and timely complete required paperwork
- Must maintain good attendance
- Maintain a professional appearance and an effectively communicate with clients
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Work authorization:Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- A minimum of one year of mechanical and/or technical work experience or related schooling, to include a basic understanding of installation services and basic trouble shooting skills.
- Must be able to effectively self-manage, follow travel instructions, and report to the Project Manager if any extreme issues present themselves in the field.
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of standard hand tools and power tools for extended periods per day
- Skills in reading schematics and in trouble shouting all types of electrical and electronic equipment
- Knowledge of word processors and spreadsheets.
- Ability to stay up to date on new electronic equipment.
- Good attendance and safety record.
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license for vehicle operation and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing and able to travel on a regular and frequent overnight travel to remote jobs sites within a designated area.
- Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Velociti has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact THIS EMAIL ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted. Applicants MUST apply online to be considered for posted positions. EEO/AA M/F/D/V PM20
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Company provided EAP, life insurance and short-term disability
- Annual Safety Allowance
- Bi-Annual Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance
- Company provided uniforms
- Tool Loan Program
- Continuing Safety Training