Hammer Packaging celebrates over 100 years of package decorating excellence. Since its founding in 1912, our company has grown to over 500 employees by evolving into new markets and expanding capabilities. Today, Hammer Packaging continues to thrive as an industry leader, consistently named one of the Top-100 privately held companies in Rochester, and continually rising among the Top400 printers in North America. With the right people, outstanding service, and leading-edge technology, The Hammer team is more committed than ever to leading, not following, the packaging printing industry. For more information, visit https://www.hammerpackaging.com.
The Fitment Inserter Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the Inserting Machine that inserts and seals fitments into finished pouches that meet or exceed customer quality specifications by performing the following duties. Note: Operating parameters such as speed, temperature, pressure and other secured settings can only be adjusted by qualified supervision personnel. The operator will have a recipe to follow for product setup.
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine mechanical machine adjustments and material requirements. Ensures job is in order prior to machine set-up.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated; installs or sets up the fitment bowl and guide system, pushes button or touch screen controls to load item recipe and/or activate machine.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs required quality testing on products produced, i.e. burst test, drop test, water table test, etc.
- Performs minor machine maintenance.
- Completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standard for line speeds, scrap, and set-up times.
- Reports any necessary maintenance of the machine to the engineering department using a written work order.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work history
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
1 to 2 years machine operating experience
Ability to read a tape measure in millimeters and inches, blueprints and drawings
Ability to lift to 50 pounds
Ability to work 11pm-7am Sunday through Thursday