Americhem Quality Technician
Americhem manufacture and sells thermoplastic color compounds and is looking for a Quality Technician in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. The Quality Technician is responsible for evaluating and performing specific tests on manufactured products and creates sample assessments using known formulations, raw materials, and color technology.
Shift: 3rd shift (10:00pm to 6:00am)
Pay: Pay by experience plus a $0.75 shift differential
Responsibilities of Quality Technician
- Holds safety in highest regard by making good safety decisions, following safety procedures, watching out for the safety of self and others, contributing to safety improvements, and participating in safety programs.
- Creates sample plaques by preparing the compound according to the FFC sheet, mixing compound in the mixer, and pressing in the press out machine to pelletize.
- Runs a sample mold by combining the resin and compound in a plastic bag, loading a saved slot on the injection mold machine, and dropping the concentrate/resin mixture into the machine hopper to create a sample plague.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Fundamental knowledge of materials, methods, machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Fundamental knowledge of production processes and techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products.
- Fundamental knowledge of advanced pigment, polymer, and additive materials and how they interact with each other.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
College degree/technical or vocational training preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience in manufacturing/production preferred.
- Sign-on and Referral Bonus
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
Learn more at www.americhem.com/careers