Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people who want to work as part of our team.
Whats in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100% medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents.
401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401k account regardless of whether you contribute or not. In addition, we match 75% of your contributions up to the first 3% of eligible compensation after one year of service and up to 6% after three years of service.
Bonus program: All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual organizational goals.
Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two weeks vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick leave.
Position Summary: The Consumer Loan Funder is responsible for funding approved loans in accordance with credit union guidelines and providing support to the consumer loan underwriting team with the documentation and processing of consumer loans.
- Fund all types of consumer loans according to policy.
- Discuss approvals and declines with members.
- Requests and gathers all required documentation while ensuring a high level of customer service is provided.
- Actively pursue cross sell opportunities to offer and promote the credit union array of products and services.
- Examines documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing underwriting guidelines.
- Coordinate will-call members needs.
- Answer telephone, credit and information requests and work through difficult member situations in a timely manner.
- Seek continued improvement and development of job/department functions.
- Enthusiastically provide support for credit union mission goals.
- Complies with all federal and state laws, as well as organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including; but not limited to, those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Identity Theft Red Flags, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry in compliance with the requirements of federal law and the SAFE Act.
- Receive phone applications as backup when needed.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1+ year of experience in consumer lending or like position required.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Symitar and Lending 360 preferred. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry in compliance with the requirements of federal law and the SAFE Act. Proficiency in computer programs, i.e., Microsoft Office and ability to use keyboard, ten-key calculator, and other video display terminals required. Must have knowledge of basic mathematics skills. This position must possess the ability to effectively work at fast pace in a changing environment while coordinating a variety of activities simultaneously. Spanish/English bilingual preferred.
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, strong analytical skills and overall great-to-work-with demeanor.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel expected. Any travel during assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Non-exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm, 8:30am -5:30pm or 9:00am-6:00pm.