Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people who want to work as part of our team.
Whats in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100% medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents.
401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401k account regardless of whether you contribute or not. In addition, we match 75% of your contributions up to the first 3% of eligible compensation after one year of service and up to 6% after three years of service.
Bonus program: All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual organizational goals.
Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two weeks vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick leave.
The Teller/Member Service Representative creates a superior member service experience by ensuring that members receive friendly, accurate, and timely assistance with their transaction requests over-the-counter or by phone. The individual will comply with all federal and state laws, as well as organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including, but not limited to, those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Identity Theft Red Flags, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Provide credit union services to members, including the opening of accounts, disbursements of funds, posting withdrawals, deposits and loan payments, and the processing of other account transactions.
- Respond to requests for information relative to products and services provided by the credit union.
- Perform daily reconciliation and balancing of an individual cash drawer.
- Recommend and cross sell credit union products and services to members in accordance with established goals.
- Maintain branch appearance, i.e., replenish brochure racks, update rate sheets, etc.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks, including: balancing the ATM, Coinstar postings, retrieving and posting night drop deposits, filing, and answering the telephone.
- Provide service and correspond with members via our Branchline-messaging delivery channel.
- Perform reconciliation and balancing of the Vault and Cash Recycler.
- Perform various account file maintenance, including processing requests for change of address, account ownership modifications, ordering replacement ATM/debit cards, etc.
- Provide security assistance and technical troubleshooting assistance of remote delivery products, including BranchLine, ExpressLine, Mobile Banking, and Bill Pay.
- Perform basic IRA transactions using the appropriate forms. Able to open new IRA accounts, process deposits and withdrawals, and answer basic IRA questions.
- Identify and recommend ways to continuously streamline or improve work processes and environments and perform other general clerical duties as assigned.
- Process outgoing wire transfers, including completing the wire transfer checklist and performing security verification, as appropriate.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a consumer loan interviewer by providing information about all consumer loan products and services, including calculating payments, quoting rates, payoffs, and taking loan applications.
- Responsible for preparing loan documents, disbursement of loan proceeds and discussing loan decisions with members in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that member service is the top priority by answering and returning member and co-worker communications promptly, having proper forms and documentation with which to open accounts readily available, and keeping in touch with members and co-workers regarding the status of research or loan applications.
- Complete Currency Transaction Reports in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Credit Unions current Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Policy
- Perform required Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) screens as outlined in the Credit Unions current BSA Policy and report any positive matches to the BSA Officer.
- Monitor and communicate potential suspicious activity/transactions to the Credit Unions BSA Officer and/or Fraud Analyst utilizing the Credit Unions Suspicious Activity Investigation (SAR) Report Form.
- Provide relief for other positions in all branches, as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience: One-year of customer service experience required; previous experience in a credit union or bank preferred.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to effectively communicate with/manage difficult members and situations and handle general public in challenging situations is required. Confident and comfortable in speaking with members about their financial goals to cross sell appropriate products/services. Aptitude to perform basic accounting functions, including exceptional arithmetic skills. Cash handling experience with ability to perform daily reconciliation and balancing of a teller cash drawer. Capacity to use keyboard, 10-key calculator and all other general office equipment.
- Extra Credit Skills: Knowledge of Symitar software system preferred. Spanish/English bilingual desired. You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, and overall great-to-work-with demeanor.
- Travel Required: Less than 10% local travel required. Travel during assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle. Occasional travel to more remote locations; similar, but not limited to our Fresno branch.
- Hours Required: Non-Exempt employee with ability to work branch hours Monday through Friday. Hours and locations will fluctuate as business needs and business development activities dictate.