Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people who want to work as part of our team.
Whats in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100% medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents.
401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401k account regardless of whether you contribute or not. In addition, we match 75% of your contributions up to the first 3% of eligible compensation after one year of service and up to 6% after three years of service.
Bonus program: All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual organizational goals.
Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two weeks vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick leave.
Position Summary: The Telephone Service Representative primary duty is to provide superior member service while completing transactions and providing information on products and services to members via telephone and other remote delivery channels. This is a part-time position working 25 hours per week (5 hours per day).
- Answer telephone calls in a timely manner and assist callers with questions regarding products and services, or refer callers to the proper department.
- Recommend and cross sell credit union products and services to members in accordance with established goals.
- Accurately process written and telephone orders for various monetary transactions and balance drawer daily.
- Process mail and written correspondence such as account ownership changes, certificate renewals, verifications of deposit, etc.
- Identify and correct member account problems through research and follow-up.
- Perform various account file maintenance actions including: processing requests for a change of address, name changes, check orders, and ordering ATM cards, etc.
- Provides service and corresponds with members through our Live Chat instant-messaging delivery channel.
- Open new account products and prepare and mail out new member packets.
- Provide support for monthly departmental mailings.
- Identify and recommend ways to continuously streamline or improve the work process and/or the work environment.
- Complies with all federal and state laws, as well as organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including (but not limited to) those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Identity Theft Red Flags, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience: One year of customer service experience required; previous experience in a credit union or financial institution preferred. Experience in Call Center desired.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to answer telephones and communicate effectively with members and other credit union staff in person, in writing and by phone and manage difficult members and situations that arise. Must be a self-starter who is team oriented with a strong service philosophy that is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of Symitar software system preferred. Spanish/English bilingual desired. Proficiency in computer programs, (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, strong analytical skills and overall great-to-work-with demeanor.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel expected. Any travel during assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Non-Exempt employee with a work schedule of 10:00am 3:30pm, 5 hours per day/25 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Hours may fluctuate moderately or change in the future accommodating business needs.