Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people who want to work as part of our team.
Whats in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100% medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents.
401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401k account regardless of whether you contribute or not. In addition, we match 75% of your contributions up to the first 3% of eligible compensation after one year of service and up to 6% after three years of service.
Bonus program: All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual organizational goals.
Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two weeks vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick leave.
The Human Resources Generalist will collaborate with the Human Resources and Administration team in the HR strategic and functional areas of recruitment, benefits administration and compensation, leave of absence administration, payroll, and employee relations. This position will promote engagement and teamwork by jumping in where needed without hesitation. Additionally, this role will set the example by embodying our credit union core values and mission statement while maintaining the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Lead full cycle recruitment for exempt and nonexempt staff utilizing a variety of strategic recruitment sources to identify qualified candidates. Recruitment activities include: kick off meetings with hiring managers, sourcing candidates using an applicant tracking system (ATS) in ADP, scheduling and conducting interviews, administering applicable skills tests, providing detailed feedback narratives from interviews, creating offer letters, conducting background checks, and ensuring compliance with all credit union policies, procedures, and all relevant employment/labor laws.
- Develop strategies to create a robust talent pool to attract qualified candidates for future vacancies to improve time to fill positions.
- Assist with projects related to talent acquisition including implementation of new technology, and/or policies and procedures.
- Conduct HR onboarding for new hires, educate and enroll them in all available benefit plans. Work closely with plan sponsors, vendors, and brokers to insure continuous coverage of all applicable benefits for eligible employees.
- Collaborate with scheduling, documentation, and maintenance of employee training records.
- Administer and manage leave of absence requests/actions in accordance to state and federal laws and credit union policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely submittal and accurate processing of employee data via HRIS systems (original new hire data and changes as appropriate). Compiles statistical reports for the department and regulatory agencies (e.g. EEO-1, internal and external audits etc.).
- Assist with pay studies to help establish pay practices that support recruitment and retention efforts and position the credit union as an employer of choice. Update changes in HRIS system with appropriate documentation and approvals preserving historical records of said changes.
- Serve as relief and back up for Senior Administrative Clerk and PT Administrative Clerk for days off, breaks and applicable duties in their absence.
- Collaborate and provide support to the Human Resources Manager and Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Support, for resolution of HR issues, implementation of departmental and organization wide projects, and initiatives.
- Ability to effectively research and present information in line with credit union culture in response to questions, incidents, or situations for employees at all levels.
- Assist with verifying and processing invoices for payment for benefit plans, legal review, services, etc. Maintain historical record of bills paid.
- Assist in writing policies and procedures for the organization for benefits, office procedures, etc. Must be able to interpret, accurately apply, and communicate policies and procedures with confidence.
- Assist in maintaining records, files, and databases assigned.
- Administer the employee safety program and process claims under the credit unions insurance policies, i.e., workers compensation, general and business liability, etc.
- Act as primary administrator for the S.A.F.E. Act program.
- Proactively identify and recommend ways to streamline or improve processes.
- Serve as back up to Human Resources Manager and other department employees as needed.
- Non-Essential Functions: Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Bachelors degree in Human Resources or other related discipline required.
- Experience: Five years of progressive experience required in human resources, including benefits and leave administration, performance management, employee relations and recruitment. In depth knowledge of Human Resources laws, principles and practices related to compliance of federal, state and local laws and regulations required. Extensive knowledge of wage and hour guidelines as it relates to payroll practices and overall employment. Two to four years experience with exempt and nonexempt recruiting experience in a full life-cycle environment including managing multiple roles simultaneously required. Aptitude to implement effective sourcing recruitment strategies to deliver qualified candidates. Minimum two years experience recruiting in the financial industry preferred.
- Skills and Abilities: Excellent written and oral communications and cross-functional project management skills required. This position requires a self-starter who can work both independently and within teams with excellent organizational abilities, strong interpersonal skills, and enjoys working at a fast pace and in a varying environment. Proven ability to perform to high expectations with little supervision. Must have ability to exercise independent judgement and act on decisions on a daily basis. Strong attention to detail with analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking abilities is mandatory for success in this role. Ability to interact and work with all levels of the credit union staff including, senior executives, while remaining professional and maintaining confidentiality is essential. Proficiency in computer programs, (i.e., Microsoft Office, HRIS and ATS software; preferably ADP products). Ability to use keyboard and all other general office equipment.
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, positive outlook, collaborative work style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity; focus on excellence, and overall great-to-work-with demeanor.
- Travel Required: Less than 5% local travel may occur for training purposes only. Travel during assigned work schedule requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ability to fluctuate hours moderately accommodating business needs as they arise.