See all jobs in Fort Myers FL
Job Location: Fort Myers, FL
Job Category: Management
Req Number: PARTS02505
Location: Fort Myers, FL, USA
OVERVIEW: The Parts Manager is responsible for overseeing the parts and accessories department. The parts manager oversees inventory management and vendor relationships. The position also includes selling marine equipment and supplies such as fixtures, pumps, instruments, cordage, paints, motor parts, and water sport equipment. The Parts Manager provides exceptional customer service and oversees parts and accessories staff.
- Provide excellent customer service. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to determine their parts needs
- Acts as a liaison between the parts department and other store operations.
- Adhere to established parts inventory levels and balance them for maximum turnover determined by Team Support.
- Negotiate competitive pricing with vendors and manufacturers when necessary.
- Adhere to established policy for special ordering of parts.
- Maintain accurate records of sales, inventory and orders through IDS.
- Utilize e-bay to reduce parts that are obsolete/over aged to reduce inventory costs
- Perform weekly cycle counts to maximize inventory accuracy
- Coordinate and execute a physical inventory bi-annually
- Assist Service Manager, Service Advisors and technicians to ensure timely turnaround of parts to be utilized for work orders.
- Hire, train, motivate and monitor performance of Parts Consultants.
- Assist customers by phone, internet, and in person with price quotes and parts sales.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and professional parts area.
- Analyze sales, expenses, and inventory on a monthly basis to maintain profit goals.
- Update and maintain the MSDS Online database, keeping it current at all times.
- Update and maintain the Hazard Communication written plan, keeping current at all times.
- Assist with/conduct team member safety training as related to Hazard Communication.
- Other duties as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Internal/external customer satisfaction
- Inventory maintenance
- Adequate inventory and turnaround time of ordering to ensure timely completion of service work
- Timeliness and accuracy of paperwork and reports
- Competitive price negotiations with vendors and suppliers