B-Stock is the worlds largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the worlds largest brands and retailers (including all ten of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 200,000 transactions per year, selling 135 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2020, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products, and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit www.bstock.com/careers/
As a member of the Business Development team, the Business Strategy Associate will provide support in leading critical strategic and analytics-focused initiatives across the organization, focusing on driving B-Stocks growth plan forward. This professional will support overall business strategy by streamlining operations, uncovering key insights, and leveraging data to inform decision-making and will be highly visible internally and externally. The role will involve cross-functional project management initiatives across internal B-Stock teams, such as Marketing, Sales, Account Management and more.
Reporting into the Sr Manager of Strategy and Operations, the Business Strategy Associate will assist in developing and executing strategic initiatives designed to grow B-Stocks position in the market.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic recommendations based on the analysis of data and present these findings to key internal stakeholders
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational processes, practices, and KPIs that drive efficiencies across the executive team and organization
- Drive extensive research, analyses, and execution of strategic initiatives, including new business offerings, partnerships and acquisitions
- Prepare and compile data-driven materials that include performance metrics and operational topics for B-Stocks Board of Directors
- Deep-dive into the data surrounding B-Stock clients, creating reports that identify patterns, trends, and likely outcomes
- Analyze and lead research for various strategic initiatives, such as market sizing, financial modeling, business driver analysis, partnerships, etc
- Identify and cultivate relationships with, and support analytical and operational work required to close and integrate strategic acquisitions or partnerships
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Mathematics and a minimum of 2+ years of management consulting, investment banking, business development, strategic finance, or corporate development
- Outstanding organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Comfortable working with large datasets to identify trends and patterns to create a story out of quantitative data within Excel
- Demonstrated experience building and evaluating complex financial models, such as M&A, DCF, and Standard Operation Models
- Skilled with MS Office and G-Suite business applications for document/word processing, data analysis, and presentations to create client-ready materials
- Proven ability to produce high quality work in a timely manner while remaining detail oriented and accurate
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills, enabling preparation and presentation of information and recommendations to a broad and diverse audience
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment on individual and collaborative projects
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including ability to collaborate and build consensus
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether its the recovery amount or a buyers budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow - everything but our egos, that is. Were not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
Were willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business wont succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and matching 401(K)
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on protected categories, B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.
**Please note that this opening is for one (1) position, however, we are open to candidates in any of the listed locations **