See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7405
We are seeking a talented Database Administrator III (Snowflake) to design, develop, test and maintain database solutions. The person in this role creates and maintains a state-of-the-art database environment that meets current and future business objectives.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Analyzes and evaluates reported problems, take responsibility for resolution, and prevent recurrence.
- Develops, implements, administers and maintains logical and physical data models to support business, performance, reliability, and security requirements.
- Develops, tests, implements, troubleshoots, and supports data extraction, transformation, and loading processes.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implements new releases; completes maintenance requirements.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommends optimum access techniques; coordinates installation requirements.
- Pro-actively manages database Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- Develops and implements database business continuity plans and procedures.
- Creates new databases, tables, views, indexes, scheduled jobs, triggers, logins, etc. based on system specifications.
- Tunes data warehouse and other database systems for optimal performance and reliability.
- Performs index and statistics maintenance.
- Develops, implements, administers and maintains operational automation scripting.
- Maintains technical documentation related for the database systems and processes.
- Provides after-hours and weekend escalation support as required.
- Coaches, trains and mentors other employees on proper access and use of database systems.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 4-5 years' experience in database administration and integration.
- 1-2 years of experience with Snowflake technologies including Snowpipes
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server databases administration, networking concepts, and database design and development.
- Fundamental software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Knowledge of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Advanced knowledge of database backup concepts, query optimization, and data security.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time. Demonstrate the following skills: high-level of productivity, excellent written and verbal communication skills, team player, positive inter-personal skills, self-motivated and independent thinker.
- The ability to write fully optimized Transact-SQL for various scripts and stored procedures is essential.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.