See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7287
We are seeking a talented Configuration Analyst to control and configure the processing systems for credit, debit, loyalty, prepaid and shared branch platforms from requests interpreted and requirements gathered by the Configuration Management Business Analyst. This position is responsible for the execution and delivery of low complexity project activities of onboarding new clients, perform changes for existing clients or enhance the transactional processing environment. Person will have expert knowledge of one, or multiple areas, of CO-OP Configuration Management, its products and or services.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Acts as the subject matter expert providing in-depth knowledge and understanding of the configuration and controls associated with transactional processing, i.e. credit, debit, loyalty, prepaid, and shared branch platforms.
- Acts as the primary contact performing complex research or any other activities required to answer questions or address client issues in a timely manner.
- Manages and performs the daily operational activities and/or project activities which may be identified through daily work assignment or project assignment.
- Leads and participates in internal or external calls related to configuration control.
- Reviews and validates reporting to note any issues and undertake the necessary actions to resolve.
- Takes ownership of issues within projects and daily assignments, escalating to vendors when required to resolve issues or meet critical timelines.
- Leads coordination and contact for third party card platform contacts.
- Is the primary contact to open and log all operational issues, project issues related to configuration and control with any internal or external 3rd parties.
- Acts as the liaison between any vendors or third parties to obtain information or answer questions.
- Prepares all the required documentation and submits to the necessary parties to implement new products, enhance existing products, or onboard new clients.
- Develops, writes and manages associated procedures, manuals, documentation internally and externally.
- Prepares and distributes association and data processing forms required for approval and certification processes for client onboarding or product enhancements.
- Mentors and coaches for the development of others and actively pursues opportunities for enhanced knowledge on platform and card systems.
- Proactively takes the initiative to expand knowledge of the payment and regulatory environment.
- Develops and provides documentation as may be required to other team members.
- Partnering with other Configuration Management teams, develops and tests end-to-end user test cases related to card platform.
- Validates implementation in production ensuring configuration and controls are working as required.
- Identifies issues that may occur within the testing process and work to resolve the issues with the vendors in a timely manner to ensure critical project timelines are met.
- Performs walk-throughs of testing results to obtain necessary approvals to move forward into implementation.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major.
- 1+ years' experience in Financial Industry.
- 1+ years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating small to medium projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- 1+ years' experience configuring business systems/platforms, specifically Fiserv and/or FIS systems.
- 1+ years' experience collaborating with departments to identify, document and communicate needs and provide configuration solutions.
- 1+ years' experience analyzing and validating, functional and technical requirements.
- 1+ years' experience performing current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- Creativity and the foresight to identify potential problems within the application and its interface.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to non-public business, financial and technological information, plans or data.
- Possess high motivation and self-direction, sound problem solving skills, decision making and multi- tasking skills.
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers' needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects or meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Excellent understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Excellent ability to lead, train, mentor and help others grow in the careers.
- Ability to influence a culture of embracing change, taking a consultative lead, collaborating for results, putting clients and consumers doing it right and going beyond.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server and web services.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and Visio.
- Understanding of core business processes is a plus.
- Experience with Fiserv and/or FIS products/platforms preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.