Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Shipping & Receiving Associate (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1916
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
Under the direction of Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, packs and prepares customer orders for shipping, receives material and equipment, and loads and unloads trucks according to established procedures and shipping regulations, meeting customer delivery requirements. Assigned daily details where needed within the shipping and receiving department.
- Use of material handling dollies, forklifts, and other material moving equipment for unload/load of inbound/outbound freight.
- Opens boxes and inspects contents of inbound materials.
- Checks supplier shipping invoice to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Maintains quality records and requirements of all inbound/outbound processed materials.
- Communicates directly with Metalcraft purchasing department personnel to resolve inbound receipt discrepancies.
- Stores, restocks, and shelves delivery items on shop floor as necessary.
- Processes location transfers for inbound materials moving on to another shop floor location.
- Reports all major or unresolved inbound receipt delays or issues to manager.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years previous inbound/outbound logistics experience in a manufacturing environment with longevity of working for one company a must.
- Fluency reading, writing and speaking English.
- Sharp attention to details.
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently.
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Previous forklift experience.
- Exposure to a fast paced Lean manufacturing environment
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity