Job Title: Systems Engineer (Aerospace)
Location: Kent, WA
Duration: 12-18 Months
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling our customers vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
This position will report to the Systems Engineering Section inside oftheAdvanced Development Programsbusinessunit.As part of a hardworking team of diverse engineers, you will support the systems engineering team on the Human Landing System and share in the teams impact on all aspects of systems engineering. The position requires support of optimal solutions across the program with strong collaboration within and across the program, partners, contractors and NASA. In a fast-paced and evolving environment, you will contribute to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence and judgement, and demonstration of the highest technical standards.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Elicit and define use cases, scenarios, concept of operations and stakeholder expectations
- Identify, derive, develop, and maintain requirements, including traceability and verification approach, necessary to implement a design that meets objectives
- Document the allocation of system requirements to lower-level specifications, showing the traceability of all requirements and verification approaches
- Support the definition and maintenance of the system interface requirements and interface control documents.
- Plan and support requirements verification and validation efforts
- Monitor and report on technical performance metrics
- Perform system trade studies
- Support the risk and opportunity management process
- B.S. in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, physics or related technical discipline
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in part of a complex system lifecycle one or more of requirement definition, design solution definition, implementation, integration, verification and validation, qualification, commissioning or operations
- Understanding of the principles, concepts, and methods of system engineering complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in the full lifecycle development of aerospace systems, including requirement definition, design solution definition, implementation, integration, verification and validation, qualification, commissioning and operation
- Experience working on large complex programs with multiple partners
- First principles knowledge of all major spacecraft subsystems
- Experience delivering components, subsystems, or systems for a space flight mission
- Familiarity with Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), trade studies
- Experience with software tools such as DOORS Next Generation, Cameo, MATLAB/Simulink, Confluence, JIRA, Git, Creo, and Windchill
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
1 | Page
syncroness headquarters10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021303.429.5005www.syncroness.com