W-Industries is looking for experienced Structural and Pipe Welders that are experienced with Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and TIG processes! Structural welders will need to pass a 6GR welding test and Pipe welders will need to pass a 2G/5G welding test to join our long history of success and tradition within our fabrication team! W-Industries has taken pride in leading the production of custom engineered equipment packages for the global energy industry for over 30 years. Experienced Structural Welders that take pride in their work, pay close attention to detail, and that can pass the welding tests described along with experience in using FCAW/TIG are encouraged to apply immediately!
- STRUCTURAL WELDERS must pass a 6GR Weld Test for consideration.
- Structural Welders will need to be experienced using FLUX-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- PIPE WELDERS must pass a 2G/5G weld test for consideration!
- Pipe Welders will need to be experienced using TIG.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Must have basic NDE knowledge
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- May clean weld joint or workpiece, using wire brush, portable grinder.
- May chip off excess weld, slag, and spatter, using hand scraper or power chipper. May preheat workpiece, using hand torch.
- May position and clamp workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture. May tack assemblies together.
- May cut metal plates or structural shapes. Oxy/Acet or Plasma
- May operate other machine shop equipment to prepare components for welding.
- May be required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional and technical associations.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as required.
- Ability to demonstrate the proper use of common welding and cutting processes
- Ability to optimize welding productivity and performance
- Ability to interpret welding symbols and technical drawings
- Knowledge of welding economics
- Knowledge of joint design
- Knowledge of welder and welding safety standards
- Knowledge of welding inspection
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong speaking, writing, and listening skills
- Must be able to pass a 6GR welding test
- Must have experience with (FCAW)
- Performing only those jobs on which they have been trained and/or authorized.
- Working in accordance with safe job practices and complying with company safety rules
- Using required personal protective equipment
- Reporting unsafe conditions or practices
- Making safety suggestions
- Taking an active part and participating in safety meetings, pre-job safety briefings, task hazard analyses, and Job Safety Analyses.
- Basic Math skills
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and previous years of related experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Reports to the Welding Supervisor.
- Experience working in a fast paced, team-orientated environment
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Basic Life, AD&D, Short and Long term Disability insurance
FSA and HSA
W-Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We ensure that no applicant for employment or employee is denied an equal opportunity based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
W-Industries is a participant of E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information entered by an employer from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to records available to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to confirm employment eligibility.