Position: Group Sales Manager
Deadline to Apply: Monday, March 29, 2021
Milwaukee Repertory Theater, a LORT theater located in the heart of Wisconsin's largest metropolitan area, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Group Sales Manager. Our mission is to ignite positive changes in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee's rich diversity. It is important that our hiring practices reflect this commitment to diversity and we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Position Summary: Milwaukee Rep is seeking a Group Sales Manager to join our staff! The Group Sales Manager will work with our sales team to develop the strategy, execution and attainment of revenue goals approaching $400,000 annually. This high-performance sales position is responsible for developing and growing Group and Bulk Sales in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines to meet. The Group Sales Manager will be responsible for directly managing an individual portfolio of accounts as well as identify external opportunities and clients.
Other major duties and responsibilities include:
- Create and implement strategic group sales plans
- Develop sales opportunities to reach group patrons throughout Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
- Develop and maintain customer database of past ticket buyers and future prospects, including key corporate, religious, educational, community and social contacts
- Make in-person sales calls, identify and set meetings with key contacts in the community and produce group leader events
- Make outbound phone calls to solicit group sales
- Return inbound calls in a timely and professional manner; manage groups attending Milwaukee Rep performances
- Administer entire group order process, including but not limited to, entering all contracts and contacts in the Tessitura database system, collect all payments, send order confirmations, arrange added value events, follow up with a groups after their attendance.
- Work to uphold the mission and core values of the theater, with a raised consciousness towards ED&I efforts
- Work with other Marketing Department staff to market, implement and staff various special pre-show events/promotional nights. Events include Professional Networking Nights, Pride Nights, Women's Networking Nights, AARP Nights and other similar community outreach events in conjunction with Milwaukee Rep productions
- Work with other Marketing Department staff to market special discount opportunities / ticket discount code promotion for community organizations, corporations and other theater partners
- Maintain sales reports and statistics so that accurate data for group sales in the organization is available
- Write and distribute marketing materials to key audiences as needed
Compensation and Benefits: Milwaukee Rep is offering a competitive salary in the mid $30k range. Employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums for the individual employee, employer contributions to a health savings account, a paid time off package and 403(b) retirement plan.
- Bachelor's degree with major coursework in Marketing, Business, or Communications; OR two to four years demonstrated professional experience in high performance sales; OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Two to Three years of progressive audience (customer) development experience with a demonstrated track-record of successfully building and retaining group clients preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with a culturally diverse audience
- Some knowledge of theater or performing arts
- Demonstrated strong strategic planning, analytical and project management skills
- Experience with ticketing systems, Tessitura a plus
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours, on occasion
Fill out an online application submitting cover letter highlighting relevant sales experience and demonstrated success stories (for example, meeting and/or exceeding your sales goals), resume, and contact information for 3 professional references, Attn to: Jeremy Scott, Director of Sales.
Deadline to apply is Monday, March 29, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled. In order to maintain an equitable process, everyone must apply online. Any candidate who requires accommodations to submit an online application should contact THIS EMAIL
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater: Milwaukee Rep is the largest performing arts organization in Wisconsin welcoming 300,000 people at 700 performances of 15 productions a season at the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex featuring three unique performance venues the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. For over six decades, Milwaukee Rep has been a centerpiece of Milwaukee's vibrant arts and cultural scene with productions ranging from Broadway musicals to Shakespeare to American Classics and New Works that are entertaining, inclusive and impactful. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Executive Director Chad Bauman, Milwaukee Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee's rich diversity. Every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who's never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze!
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater, please visit: www.MilwaukeeRep.com
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater's commitment to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, including our ED&I Vision of Success, please Click Here