See all jobs in Preston MD
Job Location: Preston, MD
Job ID: 2021-BI-FS-HQ-MAR29
Location: US-MD-Preston | US-MD-Easton
Category: Business Intelligence
When you join Choptank Transport as a Full Stack Developer, you will become part of our elite Business Intelligence team in the creation and deployment of large scale, mission critical software to support a thriving third-party freight broker. Our proprietary software allows our sales and operations teams to seamlessly move freight to keep global supply changing thriving, and allow our customers easy access to their accounts.
Check out the team's latest success, ORBIT TI
Choptank Transport is a third-party logistics brokerage. We are the connection between products that our customers ship and drivers who can transport them. We ship almost ANYTHING that will fit on a tractor-trailer, all over the USA and Canada. Logistics is a $900 billion industry that continues to grow. Grow with us!
This position is located at our corporate headquarters at 3601 Choptank Road, Preston, MD 21655.
- Our people are essential employees! Freight never stops moving, and we move billions of products nationwide, primarily food and beverage products.
- Competitive base salary with paid training- Many of our staff did not have experience in our industry when they started. That is why we designed our customer service training program. It is so good that we are the proud winner of Workforce's Optimas Award
- Advancement potential: Hard work and results are rewarded. We are committed to promoting from within as much as possible. Most of our managers began their careers with us in entry-level jobs.
- Casual dress code and work hard, play hard environment Voted 2018, 2019, & 2020 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation AND 2018, 2019, & 2020 Winner of 50 Best Companies to Sell For
- Mentoring from experienced leaders and enrollment in Choptank's Leadership Development Series mean career growth for you
- Company-sponsored volunteer events, team-building events, and wellness programs to take care of you.
- Robust benefits package: two health insurance plans options to choose from, dental, vision, pet insurance, paid time off, 401K with match, and more.
As a Full Stack Developer you will make an impact on our company by:
- Collaborating with end users and cross functional teams
- Performing code and design reviews
- Writing high quality, maintainable code
- Designing and building client-side and server-side architecture
- Presenting your ideas and enhandements to the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience implementing and using RESTful Web Services in a Microservice Architecture
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Solid understanding of version control principles, preferably using GIT
Choptank Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Choptank Transport is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believes that diverse teams build strong companies. You, as an individual, matter!
If you need assistance completing your application, please email THIS EMAIL .