We have an opening for a full-time Legal Secretary.
For more than 70 years, Mullen & Filippi has been providing comprehensive legal services to California employers, insurance carriers, public entities and third-party administrators on issues arising from workplace injuries and other employment-related concerns. We understand that our longevity comes down to the people who make up our firm and recognize the need to take care of them. All of our employees receive full benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k retirement. Mullen & Filippi also understands the desire for a good balance between work and other life interests. We offer a friendly and supportive work environment. If you are looking for a change and a nice place to work with an employer who cares, then we encourage you to apply.
- Compose various legal documentation including, but not limited to pleadings, discovery, subpoenas and draft correspondence.
- Transcribe digital dictation, proofread transcription and edit legal documents for correct grammar, punctuation and accuracy of content other than legal advice.
- Review incoming mail to determine urgency and work with attorneys accordingly.
- Maintain attorney calendar and diary. Schedule and coordinate depositions, medical examinations and other court designated hearings. Retain court reporters and interpreters.
- As necessary, pull files for upcoming hearings. Review calendar daily and proactively handle upcoming events and determine dates upon which various pleadings must be served and filed.
- Maintain, organize and index all case files for attorneys including file correspondence, pleadings and other documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Act as a liaison between client and attorney by furnishing and requesting information as needed and assist in completion of administrative reports as required by client or assigned by office management.
- Assist attorney with trial preparation, including preparation of trial exhibits. Knowledge of trial procedures.
- Prior experience as a workers' compensation legal secretary and EAMS filing required
- Transcription Experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn and become highly proficient with the usage of the case management system and other software applications.
- Strong knowledge of trial procedures, understanding of legal terminology and local court/jurisdiction rules.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to identify urgency and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Position requires sitting for up to 6 hours per day while keyboarding and physical activity including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, walking, kneeling, crouching, reaching, repetitive motions and lifting of up to 25 pounds.
If you are interested in joining an industry leader, apply today. We do not work with recruiting agencies or their candidates. EOE