See all jobs in Preston MD
Job Location: Preston, MD
Job ID: 2021-ACC-CSM-HQ-MAR
Location: US-MD-Preston | US-MD-Easton
When you join Choptank Transport as a Customer Service Manager, you will become part of a team that keeps our country moving in all kinds of circumstances. Our nation's transportation needs vary from day to day based on seasonal demands, economic changes, and even the weather.
Choptank Transport is a third-party logistics brokerage. We are the connection between products that our customers ship and drivers who can transport them. We ship almost ANYTHING that will fit on a tractor-trailer, all over the USA and Canada. Logistics is a $900 billion industry that continues to grow. Grow with us!
This position is located at our corporate headquarters at 3601 Choptank Road, Preston, MD 21655.
- Our people are essential employees! Freight never stops moving, and we move billions of products nationwide, primarily food and beverage products.
- Competitive base salary with paid training- Many of our staff did not have experience in our industry when they started. That is why we designed our customer service training program. It is so good that we are the proud winner of Workforce's Optimas Award
- Advancement potential: Hard work and results are rewarded. We are committed to promoting from within as much as possible. Most of our managers began their careers with us in entry-level jobs.
- Casual dress code and work hard, play hard environment Voted 2018, 2019, & 2020 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation AND 2018, 2019, & 2020 Winner of 50 Best Companies to Sell For
- Mentorship from experienced leaders and enrollment in Choptank's Leadership Development Series mean career growth for you
- Company-sponsored volunteer events, team-building events, and wellness programs to take care of you.
- Robust benefits package: two health insurance plans options to choose from, dental, vision, pet insurance, paid time off, 401K with match, and more.
The Customer Service Manager will support our organization by providing leadership and development to our customer service staff and will serve as a liaison between accounting and customer services.
What would my day look like?
- Ensure that we provide top-notch customer service to our customers, carriers, and internal customers.
- Coordinate departmental workflow and communication among the team members to ensure efficiency and accuracy for our customers.
- Mentor and develop customer service team members, and ensure they receive appropriate training.
- Coach for performance and monitor departmental and individual performance metrics.
- Resolve escalated billing and carrier payment issues as needed.
- Be a liaison between customer service and other departments.
- Evaluate current customer service policies and make recommendations to improve quality and efficiency.
- Promote Choptank products that educate and improve carrier and customer relationships.
Apply for this position if you:
- Have at least 2 years managing a customer facing team
- Have experience utilizing a CRM, or accounting software
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree is perferred however we encourage you to apply if you have customer service experience with progresive levels of responsibility
Choptank Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Choptank Transport is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believes that diverse teams build strong companies. You, as an individual, matter!
If you need assistance completing your application, please email THIS EMAIL .