What is your professional mission?
If your Career Mission is to work at one of the premiere clubs in South Florida, then we invite you to Join Our Spa and Salon Team as a Licensed Hair Stylist. At Quail West Golf & Country Club, we take a personal interest and invest in developing and training a knowledgeable and well-rounded staff devoted to realizing the Club's mission:
To be the Preferred Residential Country Club Community in Southwest Florida.
In addition, to investing in our team, the Membership continues to heavily invest in the Club, recently completing a $34 million-dollar clubhouse renovation to include casual and formal dining areas, a magnificent 300-seat ballroom, lounge areas, tennis pavilion, 12,000-square foot wellness center, and expanded retail golf shop.
Quail West is currently looking for a Full Time Licensed Hair Stylist with a strong desire to be part of a great team and community. This is a wonderful opportunity to begin or continue your cosmetology career at a high-end Country Club with hourly, commission and a full benefit package, the potential for great earnings.
Take a tour of Quail West here: https://video214.com/play/21khEOEG3ayHbPsN2WUemw/s/dark
A Licensed Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting members and guests about styles and colors, and applying hair care products. Ultimately, you will ensure all members leave our salon satisfied with their services and are happy with their results.
Regular Job Duties include:
- Welcome members and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions.
- Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to members' face shapes and tastes.
- Wash, rinse, and dry clients' hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners.
- Apply a wide range of hair color and coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre, and balayage.
- Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids and up-dos.
- Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g., color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form good relationships with members and remember their hairstyle preferences.
- Ensure the tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed. Help with daily tasks in the salon.
- Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
- Be mindful of your schedule and stay on time with appointments.
- Any additional tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Colorist, or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot tools and curlers.
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
- Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths.
- Experience with innovative hair treatment products and services, like keratin.
- Up to date with industry trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical stamina to stand for long hours in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Read, understand and follow employee handbook.
- Valid Florida Cosmetology license.
- Club or hospitality experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Meals while on duty
- Paid personal time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Retail income opportunity
- Bonus opportunity
- Scholarship opportunity