GreenState Credit Union
Job ID: 2021-2718
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Retail Sales Training
GreenState Credit Union
Come join our team! GreenState is now taking applications for the position of Retail Trainer. This person will assist in the development, presentation, and coordination of employee loan and/or deposit training as well as other sales and service functions within Retail. The Retail Trainer works closely with the Service Training Manager, Branch Managers, and other Department Leaders and will focus on developing, maintaining, and executing loan and deposit training programs as well as promoting our service and sales culture. We need a friendly, loyal, accurate, and outgoing person who wants to be a part of a team oriented environment.
Pay range for this hourly position is $23.20 - $34.80, with a progressive benefits package. This position can be housed from any GreenState location, with flexible work from home opportunity.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to, those listed and are subject to change:
Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times. This person should model the way in terms of service and be a service advocate.
Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
Ensures confidentiality of member information.
Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events on an annual basis.
Conducts and coordinate full cycle training of our retail representatives, associates, consultants, and executives
Develops maintains and evaluates the credit unions loan and deposit training policies, procedures, programs, and manuals. Continually look to refine and enhance our training opportunities to increase outcomes and participate engagement.
Plays a role in mentoring for new and existing staff.
Performs all duties of our retail member facing staff.
Trains, develops, and mentors retail member facing staff on best practices, referral, and sales processes.
Builds, coaches and identifies training class opportunities for retail staff professional growth
Coordinates or conducts periodic SAFE Act training for Retail lending staff.
Coordinates the transition of Retail staff members when they have been placed at a specific branch.
Assists in the maintenance of training history and progress files for all employees in cooperation with Human Resources.
Participates in the development, coordination, and presentation of sales and service topic specific training sessions.
Gathers and evaluates training school feedback for efficiency tracking and growth.
- Coordinates, develops, and/or conducts other types of instructor-led training, as assigned.
- Cross-trains with other members of the service training team to be able to assist in various sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Service Training Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); a four year college degree in an appropriate field of study is strongly preferred.
- Three years of retail banking experience required; previous experience in teaching or training with knowledge of adult learning is preferred.
- Great communication skills with strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications with specific emphasis on Microsoft suite
- Resourceful and well organized with the ability to prioritize work assignments efficiently.
- Self-directed nature, ability to work independent of supervision.
- Creative and adaptable with good problem solving skills.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and a reliable vehicle. Frequent travel to various credit union locations is a requirement of the role.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.
Reports to the Service Training Manager.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.