GreenState Credit Union
Mortgage Loan Officer III
Job ID: 2021-2631
Type: Exempt Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
Come join an aggressive institution that focuses on purchase volume! Join us in helping make a difference for our members every day with every interaction! GreenState is seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer to originate mortgage real estate loans and develop mortgage business.
Candidates will be highly motivated, have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and have a strong desire to provide outstanding service to our membership. Previous mortgage lending experience is required. The position requires a flexible schedule to accomplish the workload and meet the needs of members and staff.
As a Mortgage Loan Officer you will create, collect, analyze, and exercise sound judgment by advising members on mortgage loan options. You will regularly and proactively seek new business and build a strong pipeline. This role also requires you to maintain organization of your lending portfolio, along with meeting necessary regulatory deadlines. As this position is 100% commission paid, the selected candidate must be comfortable with and willing to commit significant time calling on prospective members. The ability and willingness to regularly identify and follow up with referral sources is essential.
Compensation in this position is commissioned and features a lucrative incentive opportunity. The GreenState offers an outstanding benefits package, including a 401(k) plan with strong match feature; health, dental, life and disability coverage; as well as a generous paid time off program.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
Ensures confidentiality of member information.
Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
Explains the mortgage loan application process and products to the membership. Services by phone or in person the need for answers to inquiries pertaining to mortgage rates, mortgage programs, payments, daily rates, points, and etc.
Conducts mortgage loan application interviews assisting applicants in the completion of application.
Gathers all required applicant information, including collecting, analyzing and advising members on best options to assure proper processing.
Reviews applications, exercises judgment and renders loan decision for pre-approval/denial.
Works with Underwriters in meeting their guidelines and obtaining loan approval.
Is responsible for ensuring that all necessary documentation is in the loan files, including regulatory compliance items.
With this position, it is customary to make regular outside sales calls to both prospective members and referral sources. Building relationships with realtors, builders are others that interact with the financial industry is crucial to ensure the ability to hit specific production targets. This may include such things as office calls, lunches or evening receptions as a way to generate future loan prospects. The majority of such calls will take place outside of the employee's place of business many of which may extend outside normal work hours.
Works with mortgage processing department when necessary to ensure final documentation is received by the investors in a timely manner.
Assists to ensure that the various federal reporting documents are delivered in a timely manner, to include the borrowers 1098, sellers 1099, interest reported to the IRS, and the HMDA report.
Assists in any necessary training and development needed within the GreenState Mortgage Loan department.
Adheres to all state, federal and credit union regulations, policies and guidelines.
Coaches, trains, and mentors Mortgage Loan Sales Associates.
- Ability, availability, and willingness to work flexible hours to accomplish work load. During periods of peak demand and at other times, job will require a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening and/or weekend duties.
- Ability and willingness to network in the community. This is essential to build potential member base as well as referral sources for future business.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive way during member contact.
- Must obtain Safe Act requirements.
- Excellent figure aptitude.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate related computer applications.
- Knowledge of procedures, forms, secondary market guidelines and regulations as they relate to mortgage lending.
- Knowledge and procedures of Real Estate purchasing and refinancing.
- Ability and desire to call on the Realtors and make sales marketing presentations.
- Ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with members and co-workers on a professional level.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED.) with five years of previous mortgage experience.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.
Reports to Senior Vice President/Mortgage Lending or Vice President/Mortgage Sales Manager
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees but as the mentor to the Mortgage Associate they will have feedback on monthly coaching sessions with their supervisors as well as input into their annual review.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.