Job Summary: The Business Development Director SCD/SMD will work in a senior sales position within the company. The qualified candidate defines long-term strategic goals, product strategy, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities and strategic partnerships, supports negotiations and closing of business deals, and maintains extensive knowledge of market condition. Candidate works closely with internal sales account, marketing, sales operation, logistics, and quality teams to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue and GP for the Smart Connectivity Division and Smart Mobile Display Division in North America.
Products Include: CPE, MIFI, Dongle, GATEWAY, ODU, IDU, MESH, C-IoT, Audio Headsets, and connected and Wi-Fi tablets.
Candidate will be responsible for:
Sales and business development management
- Set up and animate a global tool/document to monitor and synthetize carrier and open market sales channels through different steps to include identifying of opportunities, prepare proposals, track sell thru progress towards business plan, and prepare opportunity management reports
- Manage competitor analysis and market insight data
- Detailed channel management support
- Set up and animate a global tool to monitor SMD and SCD products ranging in channels (direct and indirect)
- Annual budget planning and management by product line
Technical review and management
- Understanding US government network plan, US carriers network plan and upgrade plan.
- Understand the key technology trend, such as base station build plan, coverage rate status, 4G transfer to 5G/6G status, WIFI 6, WIFI6E; understand the ROI and key investment for Carriers to update the network. Maximize the Carrier's ROI (provide network service by base status with GATEWAY, ODU, CPE, MIFI and why?), understand the user case of the network for each environment network status, such as city center, urban region, what is the best solution for end user, carriers ect.
- Understand the key trend of Routers, such as Modem, WIFI, AP, Antenna, bands, CA, VOIP, TR069, SW QOS, security requirements of carriers.
- Understand the Router carrier vendor strategy
- Understand the Router major player status
- He/she need work closely with carrier product/R&D person, and output product spec for the key carriers of US. The spec need let China R&D team fully executable and challenge R&D to make the right product for carriers. With reasonable ROI for company.
- Candidate will be responsible for acting as technical communication interface between Carriers/NA Product/NA CTS and HQ to help align product technology, key spec, planning goals and objectives, status reporting, and R&D initiatives in support of the Director of Product Planning
- Focus, drive, and challenge our U.S. sales force, our marketing, our technical & operations staff, to actively promote SCD product range in Operator Channels, Open Market, BtoBtoC, BtoC and BtoB
- Define the SCD and SMD product strategy in U.S, starting from global product roadmaps to make a N.A. product roadmap
- Grow and retain business with existing accounts (MNOs and Distribution) by presenting new solutions and services to internal and external customers
- Prospect, identify and convince potential new customers on existing or new product categories
- Ensure that all the necessary actions are in place locally to sell in, sell through and sell out SCD/SMD products and more generally to grow our SCD/SMD business in N.A.
- Lead tablet and router portfolio technical strategy for carrier channels aligning local account needs with the global portfolio
- Manage carrier RFP and product planning with key focus on product strategy and carrier requirements for regional carriers
- Evaluate industry trends for Value Added Services and work with Product Planning manager to implement into portfolio
- Collaborate across departments to support the business and account needs (US Product, US key account, SCD/SMD Product, SCD/SMD R&D)
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar position within the consumer electronics/telco industry
- A strong knowledge and expertise in the consumer electronic U.S. distribution channels
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for and securing new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- Must be at ease in large audience presentations
- Ability to handle pressure and to meet deadlines while having the necessary skills in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Extremely well organized
- Must be able to develop a wide and strong internal network with colleagues/co-workers and customers
Education: BSc or Master's degree in business and/or marketing preferred