WHO WE ARE // In 2013, native Texan Briana Valdez opened HomeState, an ode to Texas cuisine in East Hollywood with the mission of evoking community and creating a home for everyone, no matter where they are from. In a city full of Tex-pats but with few truly Texan restaurants, HomeState represents the integrity, history, and culture of Briana's roots.
HomeState aims to create a dining experience that goes beyond the food. The way our guests feel at HomeState is the true mission of our efforts. HomeState exists for everyone. The price point, casual vibe and portability of the food allows the restaurant to flex to the needs of many. HomeState is a recent recipient of the KCRW's Best Tortilla in Southern California award.
No matter where you're from, HomeState is your home away from home. A space where every person feels welcomed and valued. We serve hospitality first, tacos second.
And we're hiring nice people!
HomeState is currently hiring for the position of: Commissary Delivery Driver
SALARY: Depending on experience, Full-Time
All HomeState operational efforts are an extension of our core values and mission. We serve hospitality first, tacos second. Our goal is to redefine casual dining and break down barriers of access to high quality food and caring hospitality at an affordable price point. HomeState is a home away from home. A place where everyone feels welcome and valued. No matter where you're from.
The Commissary Delivery Driver will report to the Culinary Director and should inspire and embody HomeState's culture, mission, and core values. Embrace the vision which includes nurturing our communities within our four walls and in our surrounding community. The Commissary delivery driver oversees the day-to-day operations in exchanging products between locations and is responsible for supporting the culinary and beverage production. Safety delivers products from HomeState Commissary to store locations.
- Ensure smooth day to day operations of commissary delivery and exchanges between locations. Foster and promote HomeState's culture and mission while upholding service standards.
- Make deliveries of our product to commercial locations.
- Generate an efficient and timely delivery route that minimizes wait times when delivering more than one order.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas associated with the job function.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues to the Commissary Manager.
- Listen to and resolve store managers' concerns and needs regarding services or orders.
- Assist with taking commissary orders, and preparing commissary orders, as needed.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of product and supplies as stipulated in the shift duties.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow team members to meet the needs of the company and support the operation of the Commissary.
- Follow all company procedures as it pertains to invoicing, requisition protocol, ordering, recording sales or delivery information and overall adherence to operational systems as outlined by the Culinary Director.
- Must maintain a clean driving record and valid driver's license.
- Follow all guidelines provided in HomeState driver's manual such as but not limited to, driving at legal speeds, maintaining undistracted driving, not using phone while driving, etc.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure service standards and efficient operations.Record sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record.
- 1-2 years in the restaurant industry with guest facing roles preferred.
- Food Safety Certification required.
- Personable and enjoys working with a diverse team.
- Passion for food, hospitality, and providing an exemplary guest experience a plus
- Availability to work a minimum of five days per week. Extended hours and/or a sixth day may occasionally be required. Weekends, day shifts and evening shifts may be required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (6 or more hours per shift)
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company's discretion.